Thursday, 12 November 2020 (10:00 – 12:30 Brussels time)
During this WG meeting, the Renovation Wave Strategy will be the centre of our discussions.
The Renovation Wave is framed around three main elements:
- tackling energy poverty and worst-performing buildings
- renovating public buildings
- decarbonising heating and cooling.
Some headline objectives include:
- to at least double the annual energy renovation rate of residential and non-residential buildings by 2030
- to address investment gaps through the recovery and resilience facility of which 37% of its funds are related to climate investments
- beyond recovery, increase the volume and impact of EU funding by providing more grants, technical assistance, project development support and loans and making it possible to combine them.
We are looking forward to have interesting dicussions with you and meeting virtually on 12 November. An agenda and a background document will follow.